Health & Wellness
Resources marked with a can be accessed without a library card using your zip code on the AZ State Library Website.
- Alt HealthWatch
- Curious about herbal remedies, acupuncture, reflexology, or other complementary, holistic, traditional, or integrated medicine? Read and print articles and research studies here.AZ State Library Access
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Doing research? Got homework? Need information? Dig in to this printable library of thousands of eBooks and encyclopedia articles on almost every subject, from arts to biographies to business plans to health and medicine to science and technology. You can email or download, too! Check here for books like the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine and the Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohol, and Addictive Behavior, plus many books on specific health and medicine matters.
- Health Source Consumer Edition
- Browse through magazines, pamphlets, and books about many different aspects of health and wellness.AZ State Library Access
- MedLine Plus
- Get reliable, up-to-date health information in over forty languages direct from the National Library of Medicine.
- Delve deeper into biomedical research with literature from a variety of trustworthy sources.
- Multilingual health information for refugees and the people who care for them.
Health & Wellness News
Upcoming Health & Wellness Events at the Library
Saturday, May 25th, 9am - 10am, Martha Cooper
Safe, comfortable space for parents and caregivers to engage in mind-body exercise to relax, rejuvenate, refresh, and have fun while the children participate at their own level (including doing their own thing) in the peaceful space we create. Make new friends while learning how to nurture yourself and then others.
Please call 594-5315 for more information. No need to register.
Tuesday, May 28th, 3pm - 6pm, Martha Cooper
Do you have a health-related question? Do you need to find low cost health care resources in Pima County? Are you wondering what your blood pressure is? Public Health Nurse from the Pima County Health Department will be available to assist library customers with their health questions.
Wednesday, May 29th, 2pm - 3pm, Joyner-Green Valley
Learn how to raise chickens in almost any kind of backyard! Despite the challenges offered by our weather, learn simple ways of keeping chickens comfortable, well-fed, and properly supplied with water. Keeping chickens is more than just getting eggs, they are also extremely fun friends!
Presented by Josh Banno
Wednesday, May 29th, 9am - 10am, Sam Lena-South Tucson
Start your morning off with a peaceful and energizing yoga class! We recommend wearing loose clothes and bringing a yoga mat. This class meets before the building opens, so please knock to be let in.
Thursday, May 30th, 3pm - 4pm, Dusenberry-River
Like martial arts? Ever wanted to learn how to use nunchaku like a martial arts master? A-Long's Kung Fu Academy will be presenting Nunchaku Skills for Teens this summer!
This fun workshop teaches participants various techniques, spins and rotations while increasing your coordination, focus and body mechanics.
Foam nunchaku are provided for classroom use.
Class limited to 20 participants. Registration opens Monday, April 22nd, 2013 at 10am. Call 520-594-5345 to reserve your space!