Health & Wellness
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Doing research? Got homework? Need information? Dig in to this printable library of thousands of eBooks and encyclopedia articles on almost every subject, from arts to biographies to business plans to health and medicine to science and technology. You can email or download, too! Check here for books like the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine and the Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohol, and Addictive Behavior, plus many books on specific health and medicine matters.
- Your source for information about the Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn about health plans for individuals and businesses as available through the Affordable Care Act.
- MedLine Plus
- Get reliable, up-to-date health information in over forty languages direct from the National Library of Medicine.
- Delve deeper into biomedical research with literature from a variety of trustworthy sources.
- Multilingual health information for refugees and the people who care for them.
Online Reasearch Tools
Health & Wellness News
How happy are Tucsonans? Participants in the Happiness Community Conversations were surveyed; you can read the report here to find out.
Upcoming Health & Wellness Events at the Library
Wednesday, July 23rd, 2pm - 3:15pm, Oro Valley
Presented by Heather Chalon, MPH.
This is a six-week mind-body exercise program integrating natural breath, slow inner movement and peaceful mental focus. May promote strong, stable pelvic region, prevent or reverse back issues, improve digestion, tone and revive skin and more. Seated, floor postures designed for pleasure, joy, community of well-being.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes. Bring drinking water and a yoga mat. Call the Oro Valley Library at 520-594-5580 to register beginning Wednesday, July 2.
Session 2 of 6. To register, call 520-594-5580 starting Wednesday, July 2.
Thursday, July 24th, 6pm - 8pm, Valencia
Anger Management for Moms, Dads, and All the Kids. Discover strategies for handling anger, creating change that will result in less anger and more effective expression of anger for a happier and more harmonious family, and for teaching kids how to handle their anger. Pre-Registration required 520-321-1500. Facilitated by The Parent Connection. This is not a library sponsored event, date and time subject to change without notice.
Friday, July 25th, 9:30am - 11am, Joyner-Green Valley
Presented by the Alzheimer’s Association Desert Southwest Chapter.
This workshop will provide attendees with the tools to understand what Alzheimer’s disease is, what signs to be aware of, what to do to reduce risks, and how to manage the disease after diagnosis.
Monday, July 28th, 11am - 12pm, Mission
Join us for blood pressure checks, education and tips! Program will be conducted by Linda Dingle, Public Health Nurse from the Pima County Health Department and a Certified Diabetes Educator.
Wednesday, July 30th, 1pm - 3pm, Quincie Douglas
Presented by Serena Tang and Andre Newman.
Join us for an introductory AcroYoga workshop to discover a dynamic practice combining partner yoga and acrobatics. Learn the basic principles of circus—balance, coordination and performance.