Health & Wellness
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Doing research? Got homework? Need information? Dig in to this printable library of thousands of eBooks and encyclopedia articles on almost every subject, from arts to biographies to business plans to health and medicine to science and technology. You can email or download, too! Check here for books like the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine and the Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohol, and Addictive Behavior, plus many books on specific health and medicine matters.
- Your source for information about the Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn about health plans for individuals and businesses as available through the Affordable Care Act.
- MedLine Plus
- Get reliable, up-to-date health information in over forty languages direct from the National Library of Medicine.
- Delve deeper into biomedical research with literature from a variety of trustworthy sources.
- Multilingual health information for refugees and the people who care for them.
Online Reasearch Tools
Health & Wellness News
How happy are Tucsonans? Participants in the Happiness Community Conversations were surveyed; you can read the report here to find out.
Upcoming Health & Wellness Events at the Library
Monday, July 28th, 11am - 12pm, Mission
Join us for blood pressure checks, education and tips! Program will be conducted by Linda Dingle, Public Health Nurse from the Pima County Health Department and a Certified Diabetes Educator.
Wednesday, July 30th, 1pm - 3pm, Quincie Douglas
Presented by Serena Tang and Andre Newman.
Join us for an introductory AcroYoga workshop to discover a dynamic practice combining partner yoga and acrobatics. Learn the basic principles of circus—balance, coordination and performance.
Thursday, July 31st, 6pm - 8pm, Valencia
Anger Management for Moms, Dads, and All the Kids. Discover strategies for handling anger, creating change that will result in less anger and more effective expression of anger for a happier and more harmonious family, and for teaching kids how to handle their anger. Pre-Registration required 520-321-1500. Facilitated by The Parent Connection. This is not a library sponsored event, date and time subject to change without notice.
Saturday, August 2nd, 2pm - 3pm, Caviglia-Arivaca
Presented by A-Long’s Kung Fu Academy.
Breathing, stretching and meditation exercises designed to increase overall health and greatly reduce stress.
Monday, August 4th, 10am - 12pm, Oro Valley
Learn about online resources for health-related topics. Explore recommended websites and get reliable, useful information.
Session 1 of 2. To register, call 520-594-5580 starting Monday, July 21.