Health & Wellness
- Gale Virtual Reference Library
- Doing research? Got homework? Need information? Dig in to this printable library of thousands of eBooks and encyclopedia articles on almost every subject, from arts to biographies to business plans to health and medicine to science and technology. You can email or download, too! Check here for books like the Gale Encyclopedia of Medicine and the Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohol, and Addictive Behavior, plus many books on specific health and medicine matters.
- Your source for information about the Health Insurance Marketplace. Learn about health plans for individuals and businesses as available through the Affordable Care Act.
- MedLine Plus
- Get reliable, up-to-date health information in over forty languages direct from the National Library of Medicine.
- Delve deeper into biomedical research with literature from a variety of trustworthy sources.
- Multilingual health information for refugees and the people who care for them.
Online Reasearch Tools
Health & Wellness News
Upcoming Health & Wellness Events at the Library
Monday, November 24th, 10am - 12pm, Mission
Do you have a health-related question? Do you need to find low cost health care resources in Pima County? Are you wondering what your blood pressure is? A Public Health Nurse from the Pima County Health Department will be available to assist library customers with their health questions.
Tuesday, November 25th, 10am - 11am, Himmel Park
Presented by Heather Chalon.
This series of classes is an exercise program to improve balance, mobility, relieve pain, increase muscle strength, improve immune function, enhance relaxation and improve mental focus.
The class is designed to feel safe, comfortable, fun, inspiring well-being and can be adapted for different levels of mobility.
Session 2 of 6.
Tuesday, November 25th, 2:15pm - 6:15pm, Woods Memorial
A Public Health Nurse will provide free one-on-one assistance in learning about coverage, benefits and services from Health-E-Arizona and the Health Insurance Marketplace.
No appointment necessary and no telephone reservations will be taken. For more information call the library's Infoline at 791-4010.
Wednesday, November 26th, 3:30pm - 4:30pm, Woods Memorial
Need a little something after school? Join us for a healthy snack. Permission slip required.
Wednesday, November 26th, 3pm - 5pm, Valencia
Do you have a health-related question? Do you need to find low cost health care resources in Pima County? Are you wondering what your blood pressure is?
A Public Health Nurse from the Pima County Health Department will be available to assist library customers with their health questions.