Tax Info - Free Tax Help and Other Resources
On this page:
- How To Obtain or File Federal Tax Forms
- How to Obtain or File Arizona State Tax Forms
- How to Obtain Tax Forms from Other States
- Free Income Tax Assistance for Low-to Mid-Income Taxpayers
How To Obtain or File Federal Tax Forms
- IRS web site
- Includes forms, instructions, publications, educational materials, press releases, tele-tax topics and answers to frequently asked questions. (Telnet address: iris.irs.gov)
El IRS en español
- Federal Tax Forms
- Find and download current tax forms.
- Free File is a free service that offers free federal tax preparation and e-file options for all taxpayers.
FreeFile en español
- Federal Tax Forms for previous years
- Download tax forms for previous tax years.
You must have Adobe Acrobat Reader to download and view forms.
- (800) 829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM) or 1-800-829-4059 for TTY/TDD.
- Automated phone service available 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
- Recorded tax and refund information:
- (800) 829-4477.
- Tax information assistance:
- (800) 829-1040.
- Assistance includes tax preparation questions, notice inquiries or business questions.
- Pickup locations:
- Forms can be picked up at the Federal Building, 300 W. Congress, Room 1C, Tucson, Arizona (located at the northeast corner of Congress and Granada). Forms are located inside the IRS office not in the lobby. The hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
How to Obtain or File Arizona State Tax Forms
- Arizona Department of Revenue
- State tax forms and up-to-date tax information.
- Options for e-filing for individuals, as well as refund tracking.
- Arizona Department of Revenue has discontinued the 800-number for requesting tax forms.
- Specific tax information:
- (800) 352-4090, or TDD (hearing impaired) assistance is available at (800) 397-0256.
- Pickup locations:
- Forms may be picked up at the State Building, 400 W. Congress, Tucson, Arizona (located at the northwest corner of Congress and Granada). Enter through the door on the West side of the building.
How to Obtain Tax Forms from Other States
- U.S. state tax forms
- Provided by the Federation of Tax Administrators.
Where to Mail Your Taxes
- Adddresses for filing Federal taxes, by state.
- Addresses for filing Arizona State taxes.
Free Income Tax Assistance for Low-to Mid-Income Taxpayers
AARP Tax Preparation Sites
- AARP Tax Preparation Help at Pima County Public Library
- Free volunteer-run tax preparation and assistance serving low- and moderate-income taxpayers, with special attention to those over age 60.
Location Date Eckstrom-Columbus Tuesdays/martes, 10am-1pm
February/febrero 1–April/abril 15
Martha Cooper Tuesday/martes, Friday/viernes & Saturday/sábado, 9am-1pm
February 1–April 15
Mission Fridays/viernes, 9am-noon
February 7–April 11
Murphy-Wilmot Monday & Thursday, 9:30am-3:30pm
February 3–April 14
Nanini Mondays & Tuesdays, Noon-4pm
February 3–April 15
Oro Valley Tuesdays & Thursdays, 1:30–4:30 pm
February 4–April 15
Valencia Wednesdays/miércoles, 9am-noon
February/febrero 5–April/abril 9
Wheeler Taft Abbett Sr Thursdays, 11am-4pm,
February 6–April 10
United Way Free Tax Preparation (VITA)
IRS-trained volunteers will prepare federal and state income tax returns and counsel clients to make sure that that hard working families claim tax benefits, such as the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), for which they are eligible.
What you'll need to bring with you:
- Social Security Number for each family member
- Income information, such as W2 and 1099 forms
- Information about deductible expenses
- Account and routing numbers of checking and savings accounts for direct deposit of refunds
- Prior year AGI (adjusted gross income) or IRS five-digit PIN (if possible)
- Prior year tax return (if possible)
- VITA / EITC Tax Preparation Help at Pima County Public Library
- The United Way can submit returns electronically for free.
- Preparación de Impuestos por EITC / VITA
- Voluntarios calificados del IRS prepararán los impuestos federales y estatales y aconsejarán a clientes para asegurarse de que las familias reciban todos los beneficios para los que califican. La organización United Way puede enviar los impuestos electrónicamente sin costo adicional.
Location Date Flowing Wells Wednesday/miécoles, 4-7pm & Thursday/jueves, 9:30-2pm
(February 12–April 10)
Geasa-Marana Tuesdays/martes, noon-4pm
(January 28–April 15)
Quincie Douglas Tuesday/martes, Thursday/jueves & Saturday/sábado, 12:30-3:30pm
(February 11–April 15)
Military Family Assistance
A VITA site located at Davis-Monthan AFB offers free tax assistance to active duty, Reserve, National Guard and retired miliary members and their immediate families, including widows of retired personnel. Military I.D. and a Social Security card must be presented.
To make an appointment during tax season (mid-January through late April) call 520-228-3489. (For assistance during the remainder of the year, call 520-228-5242.)
To obtain additional locations, dates and hours of volunteer tax assistance site for military families call: IRS 1-800-829-1040.