Cele Peterson Arizona Collection
Located on the 3rd floor of the Joel D. Valdez Main Library, this collection features print and non-print materials of general and popular interest on the history, culture, politics, economy, peoples, languages, geography, and natural history of Arizona with an emphasis on Southern Arizona, Pima County, and the City of Tucson. Fictional and other literary works that reflect the culture, history, or environment of Tucson or Southern Arizona are also included.
You may view an alphabetical list of material in the collection.
We have also created a selected bibliography from the Cele Peterson Arizona Collection.
Arizona Collection materials do not check out from the library. Please ask for assistance at the 3rd floor reference desk.
Aerial Photos of Tucson
- Gene Magee Photograph Collection
- contains photos of Tucson dating from the 1920s to the 1980s. The collection is housed at the Arizona Historical Society, 949 E. 2nd Street, Tucson, AZ 85719, phone 628-5774
- Above Tucson: Then and Now
- a book by James Glinski, featuring the Magee Photographs.
- Cooper Aerial Surveys
- has a library of photos dating to 1953. This company can also be hired to take aerial photos.
The index covers a wide range of books, magazines and journals about Arizona and neighboring areas in Northern Mexico, New Mexico and Utah.
We do not own all the material indexed; those we do have are linked to the catalog. Other institutions that may have this material are: