About Joel D. Valdez Main Library
- Directions & Parking
- Directions to the library and information about the parking garage, including hours and rates.
- Friends of the Library Bookstore
Stop by the bookstore Mondays-Fridays, 11am-2pm. The bookstore's proceeds go directly to the Friends, who sponsor many of the programs offered by our 27 libraries in Pima County.
The bookstore has something for everyone - fiction, cookbooks, audiobooks, DVDs, travel guides, and a lot more.
- Meeting Rooms
- Have your next meeting at the library!
- Computers and WiFi
- The Library offers FREE computer and wifi use. Please see Computers Available at Your Library or WiFi at Your Library for more information. Please be sure to bring your library card! Don't have a card?
- Quick facts about the library and information about Joel D. Valdez.
- Jácome Plaza
- Carlos Jácome was the owner of Jácome's Department Store, which stood on this site from 1951-1980.
- Art Gallery
- Joel D. Valdez Main Library Gallery is a place for community artists to exhibit their work.
- Permanent Art Displays
- Enjoy permanent art displays on all levels of the Joel D. Valdez Main Library and on the plaza.
- Special Collections
- The Joel D. Valdez Main Library is home to special collections, including a Business Collection, the Cele Peterson Arizona Collection, Government Documents, Periodicals, and the Steinheimer Collection.
- Community Links
- Community, downtown and community art links.
- Find out about the landscaping, trees and plants around the Joel D. Valdez Main Library.