Gilbert Ray Campground--Origin of Name
This campground is named after the first Pima County Parks and Recreation Director, Gilbert Ray. He joined the department in 1947 and retired in 1972. The campground's old name was the Palo Verde Campground. The campground is located on Kinney Road in the Tucson Mountain Park. Telephone number is 883-4200. (A Pima County park.)
"Things, places named for locals in the Old Pueblo." Arizona Daily Star. April, 21, 1991. Page E1.