On this page:
Learn About Fundraising
- Foundation Center's Webinar: Introduction to Fundraising Planning
- This session will introduce participants to strategies for devising a fundraising plan that best reflects their organization's needs and resources. The webinar lasts 60 minutes. Free.
- Association of Fundraising Professionals
- AFP is an individual member association of fundraising professionals. This is an excellent opportunity to learn about fundraising and development for nonprofit organizations and to network with development professionals.
- Grassroots Fundraising Journal
- One of the best sources of fundraising information for community-based organizations. Recent online articles are available free online at their web site. Visit the Joel D. Valdez Main Library Grants Collection for free access to the print version of the journal.
- Grantsmanship Center
- Magazine articles on fundraising.
Browse the following subject headings for books on fundraising.
- Fund Raising
- Fund Raising - United States
- Nonprofit Organizations
- Nonprofit Organizations - United States
- The Fine Art of Asking for the Gift
- Responding to Put-Offs
- Major Donor Campaigns
- Researching Major Donors on the Web
- Center for Planned Giving
- Impartial philanthropic resource for not-for-profit organizations, professional advisors and donors. The Center is dedicated to increasing the planned and major gifts made to charitable organizations in the community.
- Online assistance through GiftPlanSoAZ.org, the Planned Giving Design Center, which includes descriptions of planned giving vehicles, tax and legislative alerts, IRS forms, rates and tables and a digest of articles by national experts.
- Visit the Web site or contact the Center for Planned Giving, Community Foundation for Southern Arizona, 2250 E. Broadway Blvd., Tucson, AZ 85719. Phone: 545-1117.
- Leave a Legacy
- A community-based program to help people learn about charitable giving through a will or from an estate. Does NOT solicit gifts for any particular organization. Instead, the program is a cooperative effort of all types of nonprofit groups including social service and arts organizations, churches, hospitals, educational institutions and other philanthropic groups.
- National Committee on Planned Giving
- For planned-giving officers and others who advise donors on deferred giving. Provides links to sites that provide information on planned giving.
- Technology & Social Networking
- Provides resources on how to utilize nonprofit technologies and social networking to improve online fundraising results.
- Prospect Research Lists Arizona-based and other general resources for prospect research.
Special Events and Sponsorship
- The Evolution of a Special Event
- Foundation Center's Information on Fundraising Through Special Events
- Sponsorships and Underwriting Campaigns