Technology and Social Networking
On this page:
Current News on Nonprofit Social Networking and Online Fundraising
- NTEN is the Nonprofit Technology Network that shares free research, reports, online webinars, and newsletters related to evolving technology and nonprofits' use of it to achieve their mission statements.
- 2011 eNonprofit Benchmarks Study
- A free report offering tips for improving nonprofits' online fundraising and communications programs.
- Nonprofit Technology News
- Nonprofit Technology News provides reviews of nonprofit technology products and tips for current nonprofit technology trends.
- Idealware provides articles, blogs, reports, and free and fee-based online trainings related to nonprofit technologies and software.
- Network for Good Learning Center
- Network for Good offers a free online learning center that features articles on how to fundraise and market your nonprofit online. Subject areas include how to maximize the impact of your website, emails, and social networking efforts. Free webinars are also offered.
Free Technology Tools
- Google for Nonprofits
- Google provides a suite of free or discounted information technology tools to qualifying 501(c)3 organizations in the United States to encourage stronger nonprofit web presence.
- Tech Soup
- Tech Soup is an online community for nonprofits and libraries which allows them to access free and discounted technology to help improve overall nonprofit management and fundraising.
Online Fundraising Portals
Online fundraising can be done on your own website or via portal giving websites or social media tools such as those listed below. Make sure to review the gift fees associated with each service provider before making a decision about which giving portal is best for your nonprofit's online fundraising goals.
- Causes is the popular application for raising money and awareness for nonprofits' missions on Facebook. It provides opportunities for peer to peer fundraising.
- Crowdrise helps raise money for nonprofit causes and events. Registered U.S. nonprofits can customize a page to raise money. Individuals can sign up on this website to raise money for their favorite nonprofit causes and receive points that earn them incentive prizes. It provides opportunities for peer to peer fundraising.
- First Giving
- First Giving provides tools to nonprofits to manage peer-to-peer fundraising, grassroots campaigns, and donor communications, as well as the paid option for visibility into your data to determine which efforts are most successful. Individuals can also register to raise money for their favorite causes.
- Just Give.org
- Just Give allows donations online to more than 850,000 organizations and guide has 2,000 prescreened charities.
- Kickstarter is the largest funding platform for creative projects in the world. Project creators keep 100% ownership and control over their work. This fundraising platform is unique in that a project must reach its funding goal before time runs out or no money changes hands.
- Network for Good
- Network for Good allows citizens to donate, volunteer, and speak out on issues important to them. Nonprofit organizations can use the Network to receive online donations, recruit volunteers, and encourage online advocacy.
- Razoo is an online portal website for nonprofits to raise money online. Individuals can also register to make donations to their favorite projects.