About the Grants & Nonprofit Info Center
The Grants & Nonprofit Info Center is Southern Arizona's comprehensive resource on grant seeking, fundraising, proposal writing, nonprofit management, and local educational opportunities.
On this page:
Provide information resources for nonprofit and community organizations to assist them in fulfilling their missions.
Print resources are located in the Grants Collection on the 3rd floor of the Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Ave., Tucson, AZ.
The Grants & Nonprofit Info Center's website is a comprehensive resource on grant seeking, fundraising, and nonprofit management. Free access to the databases, Foundation Directory Online and Arizona Guide to Grants is available at all library branches.
- Collect, organize, and provide access to information on grant seeking, fundraising, and nonprofit management.
- Provide education and training in the grant seeking process.
- Free access at all library branches to the databases, Foundation Directory Online and Arizona Guide to Grants.
- Track local educational opportunities, consultants, professional associations, and Requests for Proposals.
- Professional staff that guide you to appropriate resources.
- Assistance is also available through the library's Infoline, 791-4010, and Ask a Librarian email reference service.
History and Partnerships
The Grants and Nonprofit Information Center was started in 1977 when the Pima County Public Library became a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center.
Established in 1956, the Foundation Center is the nation's leading authority on philanthropy, connecting nonprofits and the grantmakers supporting them to tools they can use and information they can trust. This information is made available, nationally, through its network of over 340 Cooperating Collections, its website, publications, and comprehensive database.
The Pima County Public Library's Cooperating Collection status gives Pima County residents access to all of the Foundation Center's resources.
The Grants and Nonprofit Information Center is also an Affiliate Library of the Southern Arizona Chapter of the Association of Fundraising Professionals.