Calendar of Events
Get More Information About...
- This Calendar of Events includes library-sponsored events and public meetings that are held in library meeting rooms. For information about reserving a library meeting room, please see our Meeting Rooms page.
- Community meetings are subject to change without notice.
- Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), The Pima County Public Library endeavors to ensure that all persons with special needs have access to Library facilities and resources. Persons with special needs may request reasonable accommodation by contacting the individual branch, or the Community Relations Manager at 594-5600.
All Events at Eckstrom-Columbus on April 21st (3 events)
Page 1 of 1 (3 events)
Do you care for children of friends or family in your home? Join us for an informal gathering with others who care for children in their homes! Receive training, support and equipment including car seats, cribs, fire extinguishers and smoke alarms at no cost.
Transportation and child care are provided at no cost!
Training topics include:
- Brain Development
- Health & Safety
- Positive Communication
- First Aid/CPR Certification
- Activities for Children
- Developmental Ages & Stages
- Guidance and Discipline
For more information or to register please contact: Martha Portilla, 520-903-3926, Arizona Kith and Kin Project or the Eckstrom-Columbus Branch Library at 520-594-5285.
The Arizona Kith and Kin Project is a program of the Association for Supportive Child Care.
- 9:00am - 11:00am
Link to this event
¡Cuida a niños de amigos o familiares en su hogar? ¡Acompáños a una reunión informal con otras personas que cuidan niños en su hogar! Reciba entrenamiento, apoyo y quipo incluyendo asientos, cunas, extinguidores y alarmas de humo sin costo.
¡Transportación y cuidado para los niños son ofrecidos sin costo!
Los temas de entrenamiento incluyen:
- Desarrollo Cerebral
- Comunicación Positiva
- Actividades para los Niños
- Etapas de Desarrollo
- Salud y Seguridad
- Primeros Auxilios y RCP
- Nutrición, y Guí y Disciplina
Para más información o para registrarse contacte a: Martha Portilla, 520-903-3926, Arizona Kith and Kin Project or La Biblioteca Eckstrom-Columbus.
El Arizona Kith and Kin Project es un programa de la Association for Supportive Child Care.
- 4:00pm - 7:00pm
Link to this event
Drop-in on a ReadStrong session to level up your reading skills.
All ages are welcome to attend these free sessions where the focus is on improving reading skills and reading for fun. Each session will be facilitated by a specially-trained tutor who will help developing readers to build confidence and get motivated all while in a relaxed setting.