Business Assistance Agencies
This page lists local and national organizations which can provide assistance and business counseling, as well as a listing of Chambers of Commerce.
- Arizona Commerce Authority
- Arizona's gateway to state services for business development. The Small Business Services is a free resource center for business information and referrals for every phase of business in Arizona. The Arizona Commerce Authority was formerly known as the Arizona Department of Commerce.
- Arizona Small Business Association (ASBA)
- A statewide group of small business owners dedicated to fostering small business development, retention, and growth. The Tucson office can be reached at 327-0222.
- Microbusiness Advancement Center of Southern Arizona (MAC)
- Specializes in assisting women and minority-owned businesses by offering training programs and one-on-one counseling. Formerly known as the Arizona Council for Economic Conversion (ACEC) and the Tucson-Pima County Women's Business Center. For more information call 620-1241.
- Pima Association of Governments
- Sources for economic development information in Pima County.
- SCORE (Counselors to America's Small Business)
- SCORE provides start up and operation information. The Arizona SCORE district has a Tucson chapter that offers free counseling by appointment and a wide range of workshops. Call the Tucson Chapter of SCORE at 505-3636.
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
- Provides free, confidential individualized business consulting for small businesses in Pima and Santa Cruz Counties. The Small Business Development Center (formerly located on the Pima County Community College, Community Campus) has a new host, the Microbusiness Advancement Center (MAC). The Small Business Development Center is now located at 330 North Commerce Park Loop, Suite 160. The phone number is 620-1241.
- Southern Arizona's High-Tech Connection
- Features information on local high-tech industries and the resources available to help companies grow.
- Tucson Regional Economic Opportunities (TREO)
- The mission of Tucson Regional Economic Opportunities, Inc. (TREO) is to provide insight, infrastructure, resources and development efforts to accelerate economic prosperity throughout the Southern Arizona region. Combining programs and services into one organization, TREO supports the creation of new business, the growth and expansion of existing businesses, and the attraction of companies that offer high-impact jobs and share the community's values. TREO is located in downtown Tucson at 120 North Stone Avenue, Suite 200. For more information, call 243-1900 or visit www.treoaz.org.
- U.S. Business Advisor
- Provides businesses with one-stop access to federal government information and services.
- U.S. Small Business Administration
- Comprehensive site offering information on starting and financing a business. Includes an online library of laws and regulations, shareware, publications; etc. Checkout the tutorial for developing a business plan.
Chambers of Commerce
- Ajo Chamber of Commerce
- American Indian Chamber of Commerce of Arizona
- Greater Oro Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Vail Chamber of Commerce
- Green Valley-Sahuarita Chamber of Commerce
- Marana Chamber of Commerce
- Southern Arizona Green Chamber of Commerce
- Tucson-Southern Arizona Black Chamber of Commerce
- Tucson Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgendered Chamber of Commerce
- Tucson Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- United States-Mexico Chamber of Commerce