Birth to Five
Make the most of your family's visit to the library
Thank you for bringing your child to the Pima County Public Library and providing them with an opportunity to fall in love with books and reading. Here are some tips to help make your visit as enjoyable and stress free as possible.
- Read softly to your child/children while in the children's area.
- Help your child/children to select books, CDs, DVDs, or magazines. Leave any they decide not to check out on a table for library staff to put away.
- Encourage your child to walk while in the library, for their safety and the safety of others.
- Guide your child in proper use of library furniture, computers and other resources.
- Ask if there is a designated area for food before sharing snacks with your child.
- Take your child out of the library if they become upset and disruptive. Feel free to return once they have calmed down.