2004-2009 Strategic Plan
- The Plan
- Read the 2004-2009 Strategic Plan (PDF).
- Read the List of Accomplishments for 2005-2009.
- About the Process
- This strategic planning process provided an excellent opportunity to hear from community leaders, their constituents, and the general public about the role the library should play in our community. It has given library staff an opportunity to use their expertise and creativity in drafting strategic directions. These will allow the Library to focus resources and energy on the areas the community has prioritized as most important.
- Strategic Directions
- Encourage Lifelong Learning
- Create a Community Gathering Place
- Provide General Information
- Promote Cultural Awareness
- Obtain Current Topics and Titles
- Support Business and Workforce Development
- Focus Areas for 2008 and 2009
- Children, Teens and Families
- Community Connections, Collaborations and Civic Engagement
- Visibility and Image
- Build community partnerships and work with partners to develop programs/services in the areas of (1) workforce development and (2) arts/culture.
- Implement programming and services in literacy and health.
- 50% of the branches will have staff members involved in at least one community organization as a library representative.
- Build community partnerships and develop programs/services in the areas of (1) environment and (2) civic involvement (voting etc.)
- Implement programs and services in workforce development and arts/culture.
- 100% of the branches will have staff members involved in at least one community organization as a library representative.